Saturday, March 17, 2012

Kevin Sloan

Last year I had the opportunity to meet Kevin Sloan while on a Student Art League trip to Santa Fe, New Mexico.  Kevin gave us a tour of his studio, took the time to have lunch with us, and offered some wonderful advice for emerging and student artists.  Read more about the advice he shared with.

Kevin's art uses animals in a vast array of environments to create "allegorical realism."  I love the vivid colors and detailed image.


One of the most significant aspects that I can take from Kevin's work is the development of a style or niche in his art.  I think that he has many subjects which he paints but there is always something that carries through.  There is certainly unity and variety in any given group of works.  I think what this could look like for me and my art is having work that all addresses real issues but the specific issues and maybe even mediums used to communicate can vary.  How my work fits together as a whole is something that I am really trying to work through and figure out...Check out my Art+ blog to read more about my work and follow me through this process of developing my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment